The author of the critically acclaimed comic book Locke & Key, the novels ‘Heart-Shaped Box‘, ‘Horns‘, and the short story collection ’20th Century Ghosts’, Joe Hill is a two-time winner of the Bram Stoker Award, and a past recipient of the Ray Bradbury Fellowship. At this years WonderCon he spoke to FearNet about his upcoming novel called “NOS4A2” (Nosferatu). Here are the facts surrounding the book as told by it’s affable creator.
SPOILER ALERT! Don’t read any further if you don’t want the low down.
- It’s a BIG book (about twice the size of Horns or Heart-Shaped Box) with a lot of demented subplots and cliffhangers.
- NOS4A2 will be the vanity plate for the lead antagonist of the book – Charlie Manks who is 140 years old.
- Charlie takes his victims, young children, to a place called ‘Christmas Land’ – which is the exact polar opposite of the “happiest place on earth” Disneyland.
- The story also follows a woman’s life who is tormented by a “great power that she has”.
- There will be a comic book series that accompanies the release of the novel that will focus on “Christmas Land”.
- Joe likens this to his Senior PHD thesis on horror
I for one, can’t WAIT for this novel to come out. How BAD is Charlie? How demented is Christmas Land? Did I spell Charlie’s last name correctly? All of these questions and more will be answered when NOS4A2 hits stores in 2013. To keep up on all things JOE HILL, hit his website HERE or if you want a real treat, follow him on TWITTER HERE. His tweets are always entertaining to say the least.