Gauntlet Press is now taking orders for Stephen King’s Battleground which is
set for publication in the Spring/Summer 2012.
A definitive collection of Stephen King’s classic short story with which was adapted for television by Richard Christian Matheson. The book starts with King’s short story and then moves to R.C. Matheson’s script for the opening episode of “Nightmares and Dreamscapes”, which starred William Hurt as Renshaw the assassin and was directed by Brian Henson. Henson will provide storyboards used for the episode which won two Emmy awards. The book will contain one signature (8 pages) of color photos from TNT’s archives; photos never before released.
Those contributing to the 300 page book include:
- Executive Producer Bill Haber
- Jeff Beal, who won an Emmy for his score for Battleground
- Actor William Hurt
- Michael Wright, Executive Vice President and Director of Programming for TNT
- Visual Effects director Sam Nicholson
- Producer Jeff Hayes
- Lee Romaire, Special Makeup and Effects Designer Editing the book is Richard Christian Matheson, who also wrote the screenplay for the episode.
- Gauntlet Press Publisher Barry Hoffman
The collection will be released in 3 editions:
- 26 copy Signed Lettered Edition (the ONLY version signed by Stephen King) – $1250. (SOLD OUT!)
- 125 copy Signed Numbered Edition (signed by Brian Henson, Jeff Beal, Jeff Hayes, Michael Wright, Lee Romaire, Bill Haber, Sam Nicholson, and Richard Christian Matheson) – $125.
- Limited Edition (unsigned) – $75.
As an added bonus, those purchasing the signed numbered and lettered edition will get a free copy of the DVD of the “Battleground” episode.
Click HERE for more ordering information and to reserve your copy today.