I have become surgically attached to my iPad and I am always looking for better sound options. I use it for Facetime meetings and interviews, Pandora music sessions and the occassional Fruit Ninja challenge with my son. Recently Blurppy got a chance to try out the Soundwave SW50, a pint sized Bluetooth speaker.
Don’t let its diminutive size fool you, the SW50 adds full, rich sound to whatever you pair it up with. What I liked about it was that…
1) It is small and sturdy, easy to take with you on the go.
2) It also allows you to answer calls hands free. When a call comes in it simply pauses any music you may be playing and allows you to talk freely. Once your call is done, hit the MIC button on the side and you go straight back to whatever you were listening to before you were so rudely disturbed in the first place.
3) The PRICE! This unit is extremely affordable and given the sound it produces, well worth every cent. (about $35)
4) It’s stylish. It looks like a spacecraft and is available in either Darth Vader black or Stormtrooper white.
5) Ease of use. Very simple to pair with any device.
The SW50 comes with a mini USB cable for easing charging and also comes with a battery status indicator which works on your iPhone. This allows you to track the battery level of the SW50 while it’s paired to your iPhone so you know when it needs charging.
The SW50 is easily one of the best values for the money in the portable Bluetooth speaker category. Yes, there are bigger, flashier, even slightly better sounding units but size, sound and cost make the SW50 a winner. Click HERE to add this to your Nexus 7 accessories or any other Bluetooth enabled phone/tablet today.