Ubisoft has just revealed its lineup of games for Gamescom, where attendees can get hands on demonstrations of a number of the company’s next-gen titles, including Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag, The Crew and the Watch Dogs companion app. Ubisoft also plans to share details on a new next-gen IP currently in development during the show.
Ubisoft’s Gamescom booth will be located in Hall 6, in space A021. There, attendees will be able to get their hands on and play the following Ubisoft titles:
• Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag: The newest installment in the acclaimed Assassin’s CreedTM franchise where gamers will relive the Golden Age of Piracy and become Edward Kenway, a charismatic yet brutal pirate captain, trained by Assassins.
• The Crew: A revolutionary next-gen action-driving game to be released early 2014 and taking place in a massive open world version of the United States of America.
• Might & Magic® Duel of Champions Online Card Game: An online strategy card game set in the fantastic Might & Magic® universe. Players can choose a hero, build their deck, and defeat opponents in epic card battles!
• Might & Magic X Legacy: An authentic solo experience in the classic first-person RPG genre, with a turn-based gameplay system. By creating and leading a group of adventurers in and around the exciting city of Karthal, and battling powerful mythical creatures while collecting ancient magical treasures, players will determine the fate of the Agyn Peninsula.
• The Mighty Quest for Epic Loot: A new free-to-play IP from Ubisoft Montreal for the PC that thrusts players into an outrageous medieval fantasy world called Opulencia where wealth, status and showboating are the name of the game.
• Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell Blacklist: Sam Fisher returns as leader of 4th Echelon, an elite counter-terrorism unit armed with a new mandate to hunt down the masterminds behind The Blacklist, a series of deadly escalating attacks on U.S. interests. To stop the Blacklist countdown, gamers will choose the best way to face any challenge by tapping into Sam’s arsenal of lethal skills and training.
• Watch Dogs: The versus mode in the companion app, Watch Dogs – ctOS Mobile, will be available for fans to enjoy. In Watch Dogs, players will be immersed in a living, breathing and fully connected recreation of Chicago. Players will assume the role of Aiden Pearce, a new type of vigilante who, with the help of his smartphone, will use his ability to hack into Chicago’s central operating system (ctOS) and control almost every element of the city. The city of Chicago is now the ultimate weapon.
Uplay, Ubisoft’s cross-game, cross-platform service, will be inviting a number of fans to an invitation-only party on August 21st to enjoy the Ubisoft booth after hours, meet their favorite development teams and celebrate the games! 400 fast passes will also be distributed to Gamescom attendees, inviting them to enjoy VIP treatment at the booth: pass holders can skip the lines and get straight to the games. For fans who are unable to attend the event, a number of gifts will be up for grabs, and a special sale will be taking place on Uplay. For more information please visit http://uplay.ubi.com/en-US/.
“This year’s Gamescom is particularly exciting because it’s the first time players can really get their hands on the next-gen consoles and games they have been waiting for,” said Yves Guillemot, co-founder and CEO, Ubisoft. “Gamescom is a unique opportunity for us to connect face-to-face with our fans and listen to their feedback, and we think they’ll love what we’re bringing to this year’s show.”