“MANY WAYS IN …. NO WAY OUT …”
If you are a fan of BLURPPY then you know we are massive fans of Stanley Kubrick’s 1980 masterpiece,”The Shining.” It’s one of those movies that has not only stood the test of time but STILL, to this day, has people talking.
“Room 237” is the award winning, critically acclaimed, mind-blowing documentary that delves into Kubrick’s vision of the Stephen King novel, ‘The Shining.” The film looks at some of the most bizarre theories about the movie that could have you rush out and watch the movie in a completely different light. The movie looks at five fanatical ‘Kubrickians‘ who say the film is about much more than an insane homicidal maniac who tries to hack up his family in a remote, isolated resort in the middle of winter.
- The Shining is about the genocide of Native Americans.
- The Shining has “a deeply laid subtext that takes on the Holocaust”
- The Shining is a story of demons sexually attracted to humans and feeding off them.
- The Shining contains Stanley Kubrick’s admission that he helped to fake the moon landing.
- The Shining is a re-telling of the myth of Theseus
Before you scoff, each of these theories, the obsessed people behind them have ways to actually explain their theory and Director Rodney Ascher explores each one in depth. If you know where to look, there are obscure hints and clues to support each of these theories, but ya gotta pay attention and look close!
There are some fantastic special edition features included with the “Room 237″ release on Blu-ray and DVD which include:
- The mastermind speaks: Commentary with Kevin McLeod
- Secrets of The Shining: Panel Discussion from the First Annual Stanley Film Festival
- 11 Deleted Scenes
- The Making of the music featurette
- Alternate Trailers
Mondo’s Poster by Aled Lewis For “Room 237” Can YOU see all the hidden references? Don’t lie! Watch this video that Aled did that shares all the images laid throughout the poster that tie back into this brilliant documentary.
Click HERE to order your copy of ‘Room 237’ and see if you can buy into any of these theories or better yet, come up with one of your own.