I was first exposed to Rayman on my iPad and my son and I played it constantly. The kazoo music would haunt my dreams, in a good way, so when I heard there was a new version coming to Wii U, I knew this was a must have.
This isn’t your run-of-the-mill video game. Rayman was the award-winning game that was named platformer of the year in 2011. Fans around the world enjoyed the side scrolling mayhem along with the challenges and difficulty each new level brought.
Well now in 2013, Michel Ancel, the celebrated creator of Rayman®, Beyond Good & Evil®, and the Raving Rabbids®, returns to unleash his innovative creativity on this new entry into the Rayman® franchise.
The official synopsis for Rayman Legends is as follows: When Rayman, Globox, and the Teensies discover a mysterious tent filled with captivating paintings, they are suddenly transported to a series of mythical new worlds! Join them as they run, jump and slap their way through each world to get home, save the day, and discover the secrets of the legendary paintings!
- Wii U Showcase: Rayman Legends takes full advantage of the Wii U and its new controller’s capabilities. Use the touch screen to take out enemies, manipulate platforms, cut ropes to clear a path and much more. With the gyroscope technology, you can move rotating platform and there are many more surprises to come!
- The Game Must Go On: The Wii U allows you to keep playing the game even when your television is off. You will be able to continue Rayman’s adventure on the screen of the Wii U’s new wireless controller.
- 5-Player Co-op Gameplay: Now more players can join in on the fun! With 4 Wii™ Remotes™ and the new Wii U controller, up to 5 players can play at once. At any time if someone wants to leave or join in, the game will continue without interruption.
- 3D Boss Battles: Battle dragons and other epic creatures in an extra dimension! They can attack from all angles, so you’ll have to be on top of your game to defeat them.
- New Online Challenges: Connect with your friends through an endless variety of challenges in five different stages that will test more than just your skill and speed! Return for new challenges both daily and weekly and check the leader boards to see where you rank around the world.
- Rayman Rocks!: Jump to the beat of a drum, punch to the bass line, or even zip-line during amazing guitar riffs. Timing and rhythm is the key to beat a wide variety of maps set to original and licensed musical tracks.
The game structure is made of:
1 HUB – “The Main Gallery”
5 Main “Legends” Worlds + 1 Final Bonus World
5 Bonus “Back to Origins” Worlds
1 Challenge Mode (including 4 different online Challenges)
1 Adversarial Mode “Kung Foot”
1 “Creatures” painting, where you’ll find your collection of Creatures.
The game is then divided into different types of levels for a staggering total of 123 maps! Some of these different types of levels include: Invasion levels (timed challenges), Touch control and platforming levels (Murfy levels), along with Musical Maps and more.
When you start the game you get to choose between 5 Heroes but the more you accomplish, you can get access to many more heroes to help you on your journey. There is also an in-depth online aspect to the game. These online challenges are a unique opportunity for players to compete against each other to climb up the leaderboards.
If you jump into the “Challenges” painting in the main Home you’ll see 4 different paintings, each painting takes the player to a specific challenge.
- – The Daily Challenge: players have 24 hours to compete in this challenge.
- – The Weekly Challenge: players have 1 week to compete in this challenge.
- – The Daily Extreme Challenge: players have 24 hours to compete in this difficult challenge.
- – The Weekly Extreme Challenge: players have 1 week to compete in this difficult challenge.
Only the Daily Challenge is unlocked at the beginning of the game, to unlock the other ones the player must increase his Awesomeness Level (by wining cups in the regular levels or in the challenges). Every day a new challenge is generated for each daily challenge painting. Every week a new challenge is generated for each weekly challenge painting. The challenges are all made of small bricks put together to create full levels. So every day and every week the players really get new exclusive levels to explore.
And this is just the tip of the iceberg as to what’s in store for you. As you can see, there is a TON of great new things that come with the Wii U version of Rayman Legends. Oh, did we mention that you can also unlock Mario and Luigi costumes for added gaming crossover fun?
To put it mildly, there is just too much awesomeness to even mention so you are just going to have to CLICK HERE to order your copy of Rayman Legends and discover just why this is one of the highest rated games in the Wii U arsenal.