“It Takes All Kinds To Make Up Your Mind…”
We’ve been geeking out and sharing all the Star Wars info we can find for Disney Infinity 3.0 and today we get news about the upcoming “Inside Out” play set. Director Pete Docter and Producer Jonas Rivera delivered another amazing film and we can’t WAIT to see how the characters get incorporated into Disney Infinity 3.0.
Disney Interactive today revealed more information and assets for Disney•Pixar’s Inside Out Play Set, an innovative puzzle-solving action-platformer, available this fall for Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition, the ultimate family gaming platform that features characters from across The Walt Disney Company, including Disney, Disney•Pixar, Marvel and Star Wars™ franchises.
Based on Disney•Pixar’s much anticipated film Inside Out releasing June 19 in North America, the Inside Out Play Set takes place in Riley’s mind after she inadvertently catches a glimpse of a scary movie as she is falling asleep. Her Emotions — Joy, Fear, Anger, Disgust and Sadness — rally together to calm the turmoil that has overtakenImagination Land as a result of Riley seeing the movie. Broccoli, pie cannons, bats and even swamp creatures are running rampant through Riley’s mind. As single-player or two-player co-op, players must help Riley’s Emotions journey through Imagination Land, work together using each character’s unique skills to defeat enemies, gather Riley’s displaced memories, and return them to the Long Term with the help of Mind Workers before Riley awakens.
Three different game modes feature a twist on traditional platforming:
· Clouds, which fade or emit lightning;
· Musical platforms, which must be precisely timed in sync with the beat, and;
· Gravity barriers, which flip the player and the world upside down.
Playable characters for the Play Set include Joy, Fear, Anger, Disgust and Sadness. Each figure comes with special powers to combat swamp creatures and other nightmare beasts:
● Joy – A ray of lighthearted, optimistic sunshine that brings cheer to every adventure. She can glide across gaps the others can’t overcome.
● Fear – Frightful bundle of nerves is the fastest runner. He can cross bridges and platforms before they collapse.
● Anger – Hot-headed powerhouse can cross beds of hot lava with ease.
● Disgust – Always disgusted, she repels off the clouds letting her jump higher than anyone.
● Sadness – Worrisome friend turns waves of sadness into melancholy fun, and can travel on clouds without them fading beneath her.
Take a look at the trailer below and let us know what you think.
Stay up to date with new announcements for Disney Infinity 3.0 VIA: