Summer is here and the time is right to covet that which you WISH you had. Of course, you could just be thankful for what you DO have but this stuff is so cool you may just go out and make an impulse purchase.
What better way to beat the heat than a day on the lake in your own Quadrofoil. Here’s what the company has to say about this highly desirable mode of transportation.
When driving a Q2 you will experience an exhilarating air born feeling produced by our uniquely designed C-Foils that bring boat handling to a never before seen performance. The eco-friendly Q2 is a two-seater, battery powered personal watercraft (PWC) that out performs the competition in efficiency, handling and ownership cost. It can also operate in rivers, lakes, seas and oceans, including protected bodies of water where other vessels cannot operate due to nature conservation measures. Now you can enjoy driving almost anywhere!
For the price of less than €1/hour, the Q2 turns your boating experience into a comfortable and uniquely thrilling cost saving experience not found on any other watercraft.
The Q2 glides across the surface of the water at speeds of up to 40 km/h (25 mph) on four foils with an impressive steering radius of 7 meters. This reduces the use of energy, while increasing speed and distance range with practically no vibrations.
If water isn’t your thing, stick to dry land with the Verrado Drift Trike by Local Motors. Whether you are bombing down a hill or simply terrorizing a local parking lot, the Verrado Drift Trike will take you back to the good ole’ days when you would race home from school and jump on you Big-Wheels for hours on end. Here is what the company has to say about this highly desirable, rideable toy.
Drift Trikes are essentially adult big-wheels, a tricycle with a 20″ front wheel on a BMX fork, and rear wheels consisting of go-kart tires lined with 10″ PVC or HDPE pipe. The plastic sleeve on the rear wheels allows for super easy drifting, even at low speed. This sport started out with downhill runs, but is evolving into flatland electric powered racing.
Want something a little bigger? Something you can take out into the woods or the dunes and REALLY cut loose? Say hello to the Polaris Terrain Armor Sportsman.
This one is packed with everything you need to make life easier during a big job or simply want to go have fun in nature:
- Originally developed for use by U.S. Special Forces
- Automatic transmission
- 77 hp 850cc two-cylinder engine
- Power steering
- A standard 3,000-pound winch
- Steel cargo racks front and rear that can carry a combined 600 pounds
- A tow rating of 1,500 pounds
- Non-pneumatic TerrainArmor integrated wheel and tire
Ok, so maybe those are a bit pricey. Perhaps you are going to do a “stay-cation” this summer and lounge by the pool. Well get comfy in Brookstone’s King Kai Pool Float.
- Durable fade-resistant Sunbrella canvas shell
- Filled with millions of buoyant foam beads
- Extra-large (58″ x 72″) to hold 2 comfortably
- Doubles as a floor cushion for decks & patios
Just remember to turn over on a regular basis and beware of ninja cannonballers, you will be a sitting duck!
Wanna go camping? Camping on the ground is SO)))… 1984! The Mt. Shasta Roof Top Tent by Cascadia Vehicle Tents could help you “take things to the next level,” the next time you venture out into the wilderness.
- 280g poly/cotton rip-stop canvas, Breathable, Mold resistant, UV protection, Waterproof PU coating
- 2.5″ thick high-density foam mattress with removable/washable cotton cover
- Comes with a sliding adjustable aluminum ladder
- Removable PVC floor
- Compatible with the following roof racks: Baja, Diamond Racks, Front Runner, Garvin, Gobi, Smitty Built, Thule, Voyager
If you are out camping, hiking and enjoying the great outdoors or on that survival show, “Alone” on the History channel, you gotta remember to stay hydrated. There is an easy way to make sure you almost ALWAYS have access to drinkable water and it’s called LifeStraw.
- Removes minimum 99.9999% of Waterborne bacteria (>log 6 reduction) and surpasses EPA standards for water filters
- Removes minimum 99.9% of Waterborne protozoan Parasites (>log 3 reduction) and filters to an amazing 0.2 Microns
- Replaceable Carbon capsule provides 2Nd stage filtration that reduces chlorine, Organic chemicals, odors and bad taste
- Made of durable, food-grade stainless steel with cap; meets FDA standards
- Requires no batteries, pumping, iodine or waiting – drink directly from water source
As an added bonus, for every LifeStraw product sold, a child in a developing country receives clean, safe drinking water for an entire school year through the Follow the Liters program.
If you just want to kick back and go skateboarding, why not wait until it cools off after the sun goes down with the “Ghost,“(Clear skate deck with white flare LED wheels) by Sunset Skateboard Co. Here’s a description from Sunset Skateboard Co.
- The Sunset crystal clear polycarbonate (PC) deck gives you the ultimate view of your terrain while allowing your Flare LED Wheels to brilliantly shine through and refract light.
- Four ultra-bright LEDs illuminate the wheel’s crystal clear PU bringing your Sunset skateboard to life day or night.
- Our Flare LED Wheels offer the brightest LEDs in the industry and have the capacity to glow for a staggering 100,000 hours. Batteries… NOT! Our LED wheels self power off the spinning motion of the wheel therefore no batteries are ever required.
- Made with completely custom molds at one of the Skateboard industries top truck factories our 3” aluminum signature trucks are ready for action.
Staying on the “lighter” side of things perhaps this product from Nocqua Adventure Gear is more of what you are looking for. They’ve come up with a unique lighting system that allows you to have an interesting night adventure on the water. Here is what they have to say about their light kits.
The Original NOCQUA 2000 system has everything you need to get started with the most extraordinary night paddling experience you have ever had. The system is versatile and reliable – it can be adjusted to fit all SUPs, Kayaks, and Canoes – and produces 2000 lumens of brilliant white light. Plus, it is an excellent way to light up the night on land at your campsite, work station, or wherever you need light.
Nocqua offers 3 different lighting systems to fit your nighttime illumination needs. CLICK HERE to head over to their website and learn more.
I love adventure, camping, playing and frolicking in the sun etc. but I LONG for the days when I can sit back, chill out and enjoy a good nap listening to the wind blowing through the trees. If this is your ideal way to spend the summer then Brookstone has JUST what you are looking for with their Swing Bed.
This swing bed with canopy lets you relax all day and if you desire, through the night. With a modern twist to the traditional backyard hammock, our distinctive concept sets the style for superior comfort, warmth and personality. Whether positioned in the garden or on the terrace, this contemporary hammock feels like an uninterrupted weekend getaway.
CLICK HERE and head over to Brookstone’s website to pick up your own slice of heaven.
Last but certainly not least how about some Battle Balls. The company sells it as a “sport” but let’s be honest, it’s a great way to beat the snot out of your friends WITHOUT hurting them. Here’s a couple of video’s that show the “sport” of Battle Balls and then some rather unorthodox uses for what looks like a fun way to exert some aggression.
* No products were provided for this article, these are simply things we WISH we had….