All nightmares come from somewhere….
The first teaser for SyFy’s upcoming anthology horror series, “Channel Zero: Candle Cove” is a very small tease of what looks like a MASSIVELY creepy show. The official blurb goes as such:
“Based on a popular “creepypasta” (user-generated horror stories that are published and passed around the Internet), Candle Cove centers on one man’s obsessive recollections of a mysterious children’s television program from the 1980s, and his ever-growing suspicions about the role it might have played in a series of nightmarish and deadly events from his childhood.”
Blurry screen shots with quick edits, creepy music, the sound of a fast heartbeat and a creature made up of teeth leads us to believe that we won’t be getting much sleep when the show hits the air. Here are some general facts:
- Show premiers on SyFy on September 27th, 2016
- Independent filmmaker Craig William Macneill will direct all six episodes of “Channel Zero: Candle Cove”
- Nick Antosca (“Hannibal”) wrote the pilot and will serve as showrunner and executive producer alongside Max Landis.
- The show stars: Paul Schneider, Fiona Shaw, Shaun Benson, Natalie Brown, and Luisa D’Oliveira
- The image of the “tooth monster” eating teeth out of the kids hand will haunt us forever.
- The second installment of Syfy’s horror anthology series Channel Zero, is already locked and loaded. It’s being called, “The No-End House” and tells the story of a young woman named Margot Sleator (Amy Forsyth), who visits the No-End House, a bizarre house of horrors that consists of a series of increasingly disturbing rooms. When she returns home, Margot realizes everything has changed.